Graduate Certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management is comprised of four three-credit courses and has been designed to meet the needs of today’s working professionals. The program, which is provided by the College of Pharmacy, focuses on comprehensive medication management, business principles of medication therapy management, literature review and evaluation, and patient-centered care. This program teaches healthcare providers how to provide medication therapy management (MTM) services, patient and interdisciplinary team communication skills, how to identify and prioritize medication-related problems, how to educate patients, and business elements. This program can be completed in as little as 2 semesters.
This program may be of interest to those currently working or seeking employment in the following areas:
- Physician’s Assistants
- Medical Doctors
Upon completion of the 12-credit graduate certificate program, students will receive a University of Florida Graduate Certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management. The graduate certificate program is open to appropriately qualified local, national, and international students. The goal of this certificate program is to educate healthcare professionals in the field of medication therapy management (MTM) and comprehensive medication management (CMM).
Graduate Certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management – Course Overview
Required Courses(Complete all 3)
Core-required courses must be completed before the required courses.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits||Fall||Spring||Summer|
|PHA6631||Foundations of MTM I||3||X||X||X|
|PHA6632||Foundations of MTM II||3||X||X||X|
|PHA6935||Disease State Management for Medication Therapy Management||3||X||X||X|
Elective Courses (Choose 1)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits||Fall 2018||Spring 2019||Summer 2019|
|PHA6633||Medication Therapy Management: A Cardiovascular Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6634||Medication Therapy Management: A Endocrine Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6638||Medication Therapy Management: A Neurologic Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6637||Medication Therapy Management: A Psychiatric Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6636||Medication Therapy Management: A Gastrointestinal Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6630||Medication Therapy Management: A Hematological Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6639||Medication Therapy Management: A Respiratory Focus||3||X||X|
|PHA6635||Medication Therapy Management: A Renal Focus||3||X||X|
Course Syllabus Catalog
The general course policies and the most recent course syllabus catalog are available for download.
Students taking UF Medication Management courses will also be granted online access to UF’s Health Center Libraries
Graduate Certificate Minimum Requirements: For All (Domestic and International Applicants)
- A bachelor’s degree in a science field from a regionally accredited institution or professional degree (e.g. Pharm.D., BS Pharm, RN, Physician’s Assistant, ARNP, MD, DO)
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 or above
Additional Graduate Certificate Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council-approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted to a graduate certificate program, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL: a minimum score of 90 on the internet TOEFL or equivalent scores on other forms of the TOEFL or other tests.