This course will introduce the core elements of comprehensive medication management (CMM), communication techniques, and documentations strategies needed for the successful provision of CMM services. Content will focus on incorporating precision medicine and pharmacogenomics into CMM care and business models.
- Tuition: $1,950.00 plus fees
- Credit(s): 3
- Course Format: Asynchronous
- Required: This is an elective course.
- (GMS 6224) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Medical Molecular Genetics
- (PHA 6134) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genomic Technologies
- (PHA 6935) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genetic Epidemiology
- (PHA 6935) Principles of Pharmacogenomics
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Establish goals for patient-centered care and individualized medicine following a structure format utilizing components outlined in the Pharmacist Patient Care Process and/or the Core Elements of medication therapy management.
- Utilize effective communication techniques when conducting interpersonal and interprofessional activities while overcoming common communication barriers.
- Document clinical activities including pharmacotherapy interventions and recommendations using effective written communication techniques.
- Critically evaluate scientific and professional literature for the purpose of making an individualized medicine intervention.
- Identify drug information resources utilized in providing evidence-based individualized medicine recommendations.
- Create a business plan proposal incorporating business principles for an individualized medicine clinical practice service