Course Delivery Systems
Course content in the program utilizes two electronic platforms for delivery:
- Virtual Classroom System (Zoom)
- Course Management System (Canvas)
The virtual classroom software is Zoom, a tool that enables students to participate in class discussions and interact with classmates and the instructor synchronously online. Students can communicate via text messaging, ask questions using a headset/microphone or mobile device and participate in dialogue about course concepts. To join a Canvas class meeting, log in to Canvas and access the “Zoom Conferences” tool on the left side navigation panel in your Canvas course. Then “join” the meeting for the correct date and time. To access Zoom when not logged into Canvas, you can use this URL.
The learning management system (LMS) at UF is Canvas. Courses in Canvas provide various types of online content and feature well-designed tools for learning and interaction. Students can access syllabi, assignments, readings, quizzes, and video content using this system. Discussion boards are available for students to engage in scholarly discussions with classmates and instructors. Students can monitor their progress using Assignments, Quizzes and Grades tools.
Technology Requirements and Support
The following is the minimum recommended hardware configuration:
- High-speed, good Internet service, connection, with Wi-Fi
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher CPU (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- 4GB RAM
- 128Gb Hard Drive
- USB port(s)
- Sound card, and speakers or headphones
- 1024 by 768 resolution monitor
- USB headset with microphone
Windows 10 Pro or Education (NOT home): Professional or Education includes BitLocker software for encryption;
Home does not include BitLocker
Mac OS X: OS X Lion and higher includes Filevault 2 software for whole disk encryption.
- Microsoft Office 2013 or higher
- Acrobat Reader DC or other PDF reader
- Any update-to-date AntiVirus Software (Windows 10 includes Windows Defender anti-virus)
- Anti-malware software
- Windows Firewall or Equivalent
Enrolled students seeking free or discounted software, please visit UF Academic Technologies – Software Licensing Services.
Additional Security Information (UF)
Below is a link to information provided by UF IT with regard to how to protect yourself during times of online activity.
For technical support at any time, send an email to email@example.com.