What is the benefit of enrolling as a non-degree seeking student?
Non-degree seeking students in the Medication Therapy Management graduate program experience online courses from the University of Florida. This is a chance for students to enhance their skills in specific areas while determining if the Online Master’s Degree in Medication Therapy Management or the Graduate Certificate in Comprehensive Medication Management is right for them.
Please be aware that non-degree coursework will not show UF credit earned on the UF transcript. Therefore, when you complete the course and it is listed on your official transcript, Grade Points, Earned Hours, and Hours Carried will read zero. Those fields are only completed for UF degree seeking students.
Which classes can non-degree seeking students take?
Non-degree seeking students may take up to six hours (two courses). The available courses are:
- Foundations Medication Therapy Management I
- Foundations Medication Therapy Management II
- Medication Therapy Management: A Cardiovascular Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: An Endocrine Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Neurologic Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Psychiatric Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Gastrointestinal Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Hematological Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Respiratory Focus
- Medication Therapy Management: A Renal Focus
How does credit transfer work?
Credits taken as a non-degree seeking student can later be transferred toward the online master's degree in medication therapy management or towards the graduate certificate in comprehensive medication management. Students must earn a grade of "B" or higher to transfer credits and must be accepted into the master’s degree or graduate certificate program. Transfer credits must be applicable to the master’s degree or the graduate certificate plan of study. Students may take up to six credits without applying to the master’s program. Acceptance as a non-degree seeking student does not guarantee admission into the master’s degree program. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
How much does it cost?
Courses are $650 per credit hour plus fees. The approximate cost for one three-credit course is $1,950.
We do not accept UF EEP or Florida State Tuition Waiver, because this is an off-book program that does not receive funds from these programs. For more information about the costs of attendance and financial aid, visit the tuition page.
Non-Degree Admission Requirements
For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
- A bachelor’s degree in a science field from an accredited institution or a professional degree (ex. Pharm.D., BS Pharm, RN, Physician’s Assistant, ARNP, MD, DO). If your degree is not in a science field and you are interested in applying to the program, please email the Program Director Dr. Amber Connelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An upper-division GPA of 2.0 or better.
Additional Non-Degree Minimum Requirements: For International Students Only
- The English language skill requirements for admission
- If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor's degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council approved English language skills test scores.
- Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School's list of English speaking countries.
- To be admitted as a non-degree seeking student, the applicant must score the following on the TOEFL:
- Internet Based TOEFL: 90 total and at least a 25 in the speaking section.
Sending TOEFL Scores
- All applicants must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official TOEFL test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
- Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
Contact email@example.com for further inquiries.