The course will prepare the student to utilize a comprehensive medication therapy management (CMM) and precision medicine approach in patients with chronic health conditions that range from common to complex focusing on select women’s health, men’s health, hematology, endocrine, and renal disorders.
- Tuition: $1,950.00 plus fees
- Credit(s): 3
- Course Format: Asynchronous
- Required: This is an elective course.
- (GMS 6224) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Medical Molecular Genetics
- (PHA 6134) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genomic Technologies
- (PHC 6598) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genetic Epidemiology
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and analyze goals of therapy, treatment options, and monitoring parameters for the specified disease states using an individualized medicine approach.
- Recognize and resolve gaps in therapy using evidence-based guidelines for the specified disease states.
- Develop and communicate specific, cost-effective solutions for a problem/case that incorporates precision medicine data, available genomic technologies, and patient-specific information for the specified disease states.