The course is intended to give students hands on practice in providing MTM services through the design and implementation of an MTM practice project. The project, conceptualized in the Foundations II course, is longitudinal in nature and students refine and develop the project as they progress through the curriculum. The goal of the project is to provide an opportunity for students to apply and synthesize the advanced pharmacotherapy knowledge, communication skills, and MTM business principles learned in other courses in the curriculum.
Syllabus: Download Syllabus
Course Format: This online course with an on-campus component is tailored for synchronous distance learners.
The student must have successfully completed Foundations of MTM I and II.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to demonstrate the ability to perform the following:
- Assess the need for MTM services in a given practice setting.
- Design an MTM patient care service to meet stakeholder needs.
- Create an MTM business proposal for an MTM patient care service.
- Outline MTM service work flow and explain potential personnel implications.
- Implement an MTM patient care service.
- Market MTM services effectively to stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with patients when providing MTM services.
- Document MTM services in a manner sufficient for following patient progress, monitoring patient outcomes, and completing billing statements.
- Utilize sound business principles in the provision of MTM services.
- Use financial principles and projections to predict the financial viability of an MTM service.
- Develop a quality assurance plan for a given MTM service.