The course will introduce the student to the core elements of comprehensive medication therapy management (CMM) and precision medicine in patients with chronic health conditions that range from common to complex.
- Tuition: $1,950.00 plus fees
- Credit(s): 3
- Course Format: Asynchronous
- Required: This is an elective course
- (GMS 6224) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Medical Molecular Genetics
- (PHA 6134) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genomic Technologies
- (PHA 6935) Foundations in Precision Medicine: Genetic Epidemiology
- (PHA 6935) Principles of Pharmacogenomics
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and analyze goals of therapy, treatment options, and monitoring parameters for the specified disease states using an individualized medicine approach.
- Recognize and resolve gaps in therapy using evidence-based guidelines for the specified disease states.
- Communicate disease state information and counseling advice effectively in writing patient educational documents.
- Demonstrate effective interprofessional communication efforts in written format.
- Review and assess a complex patient case composing an assessment, plan, patient educational documents, and prescriber communication.