PHA 6632 Foundations of Medication Therapy Management II
The course will introduce the student to the business elements of medication therapy management (MTM), business plan development and creation, MTM models of practice, practice design, and basic financial principles needed for the successful provision of MTM. This course will also teach the student drug information and medical literature analysis skills. An interactive component of the course will involve discussions on all aspects of MTM practice and creation of an MTM business plan.
The student must be admitted to the MS-MTM degree program as a degree or non-degree seeking student.
This online course is tailored for asynchronous distance learners.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Create an MTM business plan proposal.
- Explain the importance of business planning, and review business/practice start-up.
- Compare and contrast various MTM service models.
- Perform and utilize a SWOT analysis.
- Assess the need for MTM services.
- Evaluate and assess the competition with regard to MTM services.
- Market MTM services effectively to stakeholders.
- Outline MTM service work flow and explain potential personnel implications.
- Use financial principles and projections to predict the long-term financial viability of an MTM service.
- Discuss the legal and regulatory considerations regarding an MTM practice.
- Critically evaluate scientific and professional literature for the purpose of making an MTM intervention.
- Identify drug information resources necessary for the provision of MTM services.