PHA 6935 Disease State Management for MTM
An introduction to various disease states encountered during the provision of MTM services. The student will learn the basics of the disease state including an overview of the disease state and treatment options. Specific patient interviewing questions and education regarding the disease state and its treatment will also be covered.
This course is required for the Comprehensive Medication Management Program (not MS-MTM).
This online course is tailored for asynchronous distance learners.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe monitoring parameters, goals of therapy, and treatment options for the specified disease states.
- List specific questions to ask patients to assess the specified disease states during MTM encounters.
- List the medication classes used to treat the specified disease states and the class considerations of each.
- Explain potential gaps in therapy to watch for when performing MTM services for the specified disease states.
- Communicate disease state education and counseling effectively in writing via the medication-related action plan (MAP) and Personalized Medication List (PML).
- Communicate therapy recommendations effectively in writing via the prescriber communication
- Review and assess a complex patient case and compose an assessment, plan, member communication, and prescriber communication.
- Review MTM Programs that specialize in the specified disease states
- Utilize knowledge learned and critically evaluate complex patient cases with multiple disease states